Thursday, October 15, 2009

Christmas Theme Waterfall Page Class!



On Tuesday I went over to my favorite store "The Scrapbook Shop" in Circle Pines. I shared my most recent pages with Rhonda, the store owner. She liked my waterfall page so much that she asked me to teach it as a class! I am very excited for this opportunity! The page is a new take on the waterfall card or waterfall mini-album, using the waterfall technique to create a 12 x 12 scrapbook page. As you pull on the tab at the top, the pages open to reveal your hidden pictures and journaling!

Last night I shopped the store for project materials. It took a while, since I am admitedly decision-impared (especially when there are so many fabulous options!). Eventually I left the store with adorable papers from Making Memories, the Mistletoe collection. I love the colors in this line!

Once I got home, I laid out the papers and the page practically created itself. I kept it very simple, using the papers to create the design, to make the project easier to teach. Once you get the technique down, you'll be able to create fabulous interactive pages for your albums.

These are pictures of the proposed project to create in my class, click on the images for enlargement. Rhonda and I will meet again next week to talk about the date, time, and cost of the class. After that I'll update this posting with more information. I hope you can join me for my first official class!

No comments: