Friday, April 23, 2010

Sam's New Bike

Sam's birthday is 3 days after Christmas.  That is kind of a lot for a little guy.  So last summer, at 5 1/2, we went and picked out a new bike for his 1/2 birthday.  He is still warming up to it, but is starting to relax and enjoy the ride. 

I created this layout using black, red, and blue solid cardstocks, silver mirrored cardstock, a grey patterned paper, and my Cricut.  The Going Places cartridge has the bike and wheel cuts and Plantin Schoolbook is the font.  I used the 1 1/4" circle punch to create the jumbo scallop around the photo on the right.  The big letters "Bike Ride" are chalkboard chipboard that were pre-cut.  They were in my stash waiting for the right pages.

I could have gone with Transformers patterned papers or something like that, but sometimes simplicity makes a better layout.  It's all in what you make of it.

Happy Scrapping!

No comments: