Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

Here are a few love inspired projects for you.

This is my first ever attempt using a digistamp and ipaper. I've got to say, it was fun!

I don't have the fancy Adobe Photoshop that most have, so my tech-genius hubby suggested that I try Gimp.org. I did, and I love it! It is freeware and with a little learning curve, it acts much like Photoshop.  If you have been saving up for Photoshop, I recommend trying Gimp.

I love the saying on this stamp from AmberInk! When my hubby and I first started dating, one of the first jokes he told me was:
A mushroom walks into a bar.
The Bartender said, "We don't serve your kind here."
The Mushroom said, "Why not I'm a fungi!"
Yes, this kind of cheese won me over. :-) What a perfect v-day card for my hubby.

Materials Used:
AmberInk ipaper Spin Pin Tiny
AmberInk digistamp Fungi Mushroom Blank
CTMH White Cardstock
CTMH Holiday Buttons
CTMH Sassy Strands Summer Carnival
Liquid Glass


The next card showcases CTMH's Clear Cards and new Sweetheart papers along with an old origami money folding technique that makes fun embellishments for papercrafting.

Pattern from Originals: Cubes & Colors

Materials Used:
Sweetheart Level 2 Paper Packet
Clear Cards 4¼” x 5½” Assortment
Buttons Pink Assortment
Mini-Medley Accents Black Collection
3-D Foam Tape

My final card for this post features the origami money folding technique used to make a card. I started with this tutorial. There were a couple of steps that I changed, and I started with a 6x12 piece of B&T paper from the Wings paper pack.


I wish you lots of LOVE this Valentine's Day!

Happy Scrapping,
Jen Lee

5 comments:

Pam said...

What great cards Jen! Your origami is gorgeous and I have to say I just didn't understand why Amber put that saying stamp up, but because of your hubby's joke I was like "duh...fun guy" now I get it;) Fun, Fun post. Happy VDAY!

wendyp said...

I just got the joke too, LOL! Love it!!! Adorable cards!

I'm going to have to look into gimp. I have an older than dirt version of photoshop elements that I just can't afford to upgrade right now. Thanks for sharing!

Karin said...

Adorable! I love puns on cards and this is just way cute! Love how funky he looks dressed up in my favorite iPaper! Great ruffle too :) Happy Valentine's Day!

Brenda said...

What a cute card for Amber Ink! I don't hae adobe either, but an inexpensive version of Print Shop (I think it was $10 at Target). Perfect valentine for your husband. You will love working with Pam and Amber - very fun people!!

Keriann said...

Hello! I'm your newest follower! I am so in love with that mushroom card! It's just to die for cute!