Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Washington DC - Here I come!

I'm off to the National Close To My Heart Convention in Washington DC in the morning.  I'll post updates with exciting new products, tips, and ideas as I learn them.

We are having a team meeting tomorrow evening.  In order to attend they've asked each of us to create a 9x9 layout about us.  Here is my layout:


The hardest part was finding the right picture.  But I gave up vanity and chose the most recent with my whole family all smiling!  This is from Lucy's gymnastics recital.  It was so cute!  Imagine a couple dozen 3-4 year olds, some with parents, doing a mini-routine to "Home On The Range".

The layout went together very quickly.  I used Close To My Heart's "Splendor" papers and stickease and the "Hot Diggity" stamp set.  For embellishments I used Dimensional Elements On Target, Irrisistables Pizzazz Chipboard Die-Cuts, Autumn Harvest Brads Assortment, Liquid Glass, and the Glitz Stardust Glitter Glue.

To make the butterfly appear to be flying and the bird appear to have ruffled feathers, I stamped and cut out the image twice and layered them on top of each other adhering only the body.  Then I curled the wings and feathers of the top image to give it the 3D effect.

Watch for updates in the next few days from Convention!

No comments: