Thursday, April 21, 2011

Magnifique Paper Purse


This was another item that I submitted with my Extravaganza application. I created this purse design using a desk pad sheet for a grid, the coluzzle for the scallops, paper trimmer and scissors for the straight edges. I have since designed it to be cut on the Cricut using the George Basic Shapes cartridge and Design Studio, this particular purse was hand cut.

The beads in the handle are also made from paper. I started each bead with a 1” x 12” strip of paper. I cut it diagonally from ½” on one side to 0” on the other side to create 2 triangles, one that tapers from 1” to ½”, the other tapers from ½” to 0”. Beginning with the 1” end of the larger triangle I started to quill (roll) it with CTMH's fabulous new tweezers, and continued with the second triangle when the first triangle was entirely quilled. I used liquid glass to adhere the final inch to close the bead. When the beads were finished, I used chocolate embroidery floss and a needle to sew from the underside of the top of the purse, through the beads, back through the top of the purse and tied it off in the middle on the underside. I also used liquid glass to strengthen the top and bottom of the holes in the top of the purse made from the sewing needle. Then, I tied pieces of ribbon between each of the beads to tighten the handle so that it stands up. The ribbon is CTMH chocolate polka-dot organdy (retired) colored with the Brown Stazon Ink Pad.

The rosette was created using a whole yard of lagoon stitched ribbon from the Mini Medley. I removed the stitching from the center, and used a gathering stitch on one edge of the ribbon using chocolate embroidery floss. After gathering the ribbon, I stitched it together in a coil shape. I attached it to a 2" scallop punched circle using glue dots. I used the same gathering stitch on the polka dot ribbon, gathered it and attached it to the underside of the scallop punched circle using mini glue dots. Then I used liquid glass to put a drop of shine on each scallop of the circle.

Recipe:
X7127B Magnifique Level 2 Paper Packet
BULK Chocolate Polka Dot Organdy Ribbon (retired)
Z1331 Foundry Flourishes (retired)
Z1340 Mini-Medley Accents Lagoon Collection
Z1096 Embroidery Floss Neutral Assortment
Z679 Liquid Glass
1514 Tombow Adhesive
Z341 Memory Book Mini Glue Dots
1772 Memory Book Glue Dots
Z1114 Piercing Tools
Z1382 Tweezers
Z1392 2” Scallop Circle Punch
Z2111 Chocolate Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad
Z1142 Brown Stazon Ink Pad
Z697 Round Sponge
Coluzzle Small and Large Circles (retired)
Z338 Euro Personal Paper Trimmer

Happy Scrapping!
Jen Lee

No comments: