Saturday, March 24, 2012

Thinking of You Card - Curling Ribbon Technique

Special thanks to Amy Sheffer for this inspiration

I am loving the new Color-Ready Seam Binding Ribbon! It comes white and ready to color to match your project. For this bow, I used my Honey Ink Pad and ran it directly over 18" of ribbon. First I laid down plastic wrap on my work surface to save the ink color (I didn't have honey reinker so this is improvising). Then I sprayed a bit of water onto the ribbon, after donning plastic gloves, and rubbed the ribbon and ink together to soak up all the ink into the ribbon and achieve a more consistent color. To add a bit of sparkle, I added a dab of  Create-A-Shade Pearl Paint. Sprayed a bit more water onto the ribbon, rubbed it together, and set it out to dry.

Before creating the bow, I "ironed" the ribbon out a bit by running it between my bone folder and thumb and learned that the ribbon curls just like gift wrap curling ribbon!! How fun is that!!! To make the bow, I simply wound the ribbon around my hand, cinched the center with the brad, twisted out the loops, trimmed and curled the ends with the bone folder.

Happy Scrapping!

Recipe
(all products from Close To My Heart)
C1494 Card Word Puzzle
D1476 Card Chatter - Sympathy
X7148B Pemberley Papers
Z1686 Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge
Z1732 Color-Ready Seam Binding Ribbon
Z2162 Honey Ink Pad
Z1039 Create-A-Shade Pearl Paint
Z1612 Foundry Pin Clips
Z1146 Pewter Brads (retired) 
Z1707 Bitty Opaques Pearl
Z891 VersaMark Ink Pad
Z656 Outdoor Denim Embossing Powder

No comments: