Friday, November 6, 2009

Darrin's Robot Knees 5.1

Sorry it has been a while since I have updated you.  I did not go down to see Darrin today.  Lucy has been sick with a cold and fever this week, and I am feeling a little under the weather today, so I didn't want to risk it.



Yesterday afternoon we moved to Darrin's knew room, an assisted care facility where he will receive a minimum of 3 hours of physical therapy each day.  Actually, today they have him scheduled for 5 hours of therapy!  He called me this afternoon and he had done stairs, practiced getting in and out of a vehicle, up and down from a real toilet, and he got to have a real shower - he said that felt fantastic! 

I brought Grandma down to visit with Darrin yesterday evening.  Then we left him to try to get some sleep.  They take great care of you at the hospital, but they don't leave you alone enough to sleep.

No comments: