Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Amber Ink "Love Bunny" Card

Here's another card for my Amber Ink (Th)Ink Tank. This one is 4 1/2" square.


Recipe:
The "Folded Focus" pattern from Jeanette Lynton's How To Book Wishes
Amber Ink DigiStamp "Love Bunny - Flowered"
Amber Ink ipaper "Karrot Kaleidoscope - Orange: TINY"
CTMH Bitty Brads Metal Assortment
CTMH White Daisy Cardstock
CTMH Chocolate Stamp Pad
CTMH Foam Tool
CTMH Memory Book Mini Glue Dots
CTMH Liquid Glass
CTMH Fun Flock White
CTMH Foam Tape
Offray Ribbon
Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter Glass Beads in Fox Trot and Clover

First I opened the Karrot paper in Gimp and used the eyedropper to match the colors. I created solid sheets of paper by creating a new file, filled the background color, and saved that as a JPG. Then, I used Gimp to color the flowers and change the black lines on the digistamp to the matching brown.

I cut the 12 x 12 cardstock in fourths (6x6). Opened Word and inserted the bunny digistamp image and printed it on "best" quality. Then I inserted the karrot paper the same way, resized it to 6x6 and printed it on one side, and printed the solid brown color on the other side. The same again with the green on one side and the pink on the other side. This saved a lot of paper, and the printer didn't go "tilt" because of an odd sized paper.

After cutting the pieces to size, I used the foam tool and chocolate ink to distress all of the edges and the front of the brown cardstock, to add some texture. After cutting the "X" in the center of the brown piece, I bent from the center to each edge, to reveal the "Karrot" paper, and held the points in place with the copper bitty brads.

I coated the green and brown smaller center pieces each with liquid glass to stick the glass beads to add another texture. I also coated parts of the bunny with liquid glass and applied fun flock to make her fuzzy. Then I applied liquid glass to her eyes and the flowers to give them a shiny texture.

Happy Scrapping!
Jen Lee

No comments: