Friday, March 11, 2011

Fun Friday

This weekend I'm over in Wisconsin at a retreat cabin enjoying scrappy time with some lovely ladies. It has been a productive weekend so far, and we didn't get here until Noon yesterday!

I've organized my albums through 2010. To do that I put notes in each page where a layout is going to be placed, then put the page protectors in the book, so I can build it as I go. I started doing this because of my classes. Now I can skip around time while doing layouts without losing my mind. Well that happens too, but for other reasons. ;-)

I've also gone through and re-organized my stamps, when you share they rarely end up back how they started. I store my stamps in My Acrylix Organizers; 15 sets per box. These are the most fabulous stamp organization ever, as they are made to fit the stamp sets perfectly. The Double Scrubber (stamp cleaner) fits in the box as well. I keep a 3-ring binder with sheet protectors in it, with a page for each stamp set. This way you can page through the book, choose the set you want, and find it easily as they are stored by number in the Organizers. This is really important when you accumulate multiple boxes full of stamps. Being a CTMH Consultant certainly has its perks!

After all of that organizing, I did a little creating. It's not the most exciting layout, but it's fun to celebrate the little things. This was Lucy's first night sleeping in her "Big Girl Bed".

Recipe:
Pattern - Magic: Juggling Act
X7127B Magnifique Paper Packet (the sky blue paper)
X7128B Olivia Paper Packet (the pear green paper)
X7129B Hooligans Paper Packet (the gypsy purple paper)
X5760 Cotton Candy Cardstock
1385 White Daisy Cardstock
Z1311 1 1/4" Circle Punch
Z1252 Cutting Knife
Z1114 Piercing Tool Kit
Z1151 3-D Foam Tape
1772 Glue Dots
Z341 Mini Glue Dots

As you can see by the mix of papers and cardstock that I put together my own colors based on the pictures for this layout. CTMH papers are so versatile, you can mix and match easily using some simple color rules; basically choose 3-4 colors that compliment your pictures along with a neutral to ground it.

The title is digital. I simply typed in word, made it big, printed it out, and used the uber-fabulous CTMH Cutting Knife to detail cut out the letter. This layout actually doesn't use any stamping. As I said earlier in this post, I've already spent some quality time with my stamps, so we needed a little break from each other. Today is a new day, and I plan to get my "INK" on! Check back tomorrow to see what comes of it.

Happy Scrapping!
Jen Lee

No comments: